We have in-depth expertise in electronic and print media as well as music, film and literary marketing. For years now, we have represented media companies of all sizes both in court and out of court, providing advice on the full spectrum of industry-specific legal matters.
Our services include the following in particular:
- providing full-service legal counsel to and representing publishing houses and the press on defamation issues, labour and employment law – particularly with regard to Tendenzschutz (the right of certain types of German employers to require employees to meet standards in line with the philosophy of the organisation) – and media competition and antitrust law
- advising and representing online publishers, platform operators, e-book sellers
- IT law issues, data protection
- intellectual property rights, media-specific copyright law
- advising music publishers and (film, music) production companies
- structuring rights of use and broadcasting rights (including pay-TV, pay-per-view, pay-per-channel, near-video-on-demand, video-on-demand, download, download-to-own, download-to-burn rights)