We regularly work on civil and public law issues associated with providing legal counsel during the preparation and building phases of construction projects, project financing, optimal structuring of contracts for construction projects and complex plant construction contracts. These services include:
- negotiating and implementing general contractor and subcontractor agreements: VOB/B (Tendering and Contract Regulations for the Provision of Construction Services in Germany, Part B), BGB (German Civil Code), FIDIC
- procedural enforcement of and defence against fee claims, warranty rights, liability claims and/or other claims
- assisting with preparations and advice on public law issues (especially relating to zoning law, heritage preservation and environmental law)
- drafting and negotiating zoning contracts
- representing clients in proceedings before administrative courts and/or government agencies
- advising on public procurement law
- construction law due diligence for real estate Transactions.